Wednesday, March 18, 2009

OVERWHELMED

That is exactly how I feel right now. I am just going to go ahead and apologize- I am just going to vent (aka- complain) for a few minutes. I think of all of the school stuff I have to do in the next month and a half, and I feel like I should just kiss my family and friends good bye until May 6th. I have one class with 4 more groups that I have to observe, and then I have to write a paper about it. I also have to interview two group leaders and write a paper about that. THEN I have to do 2 more article critiques (I've finished one already). And in case that isn't enough, we also have a major group project for that class that we haven't done a whole lot on. Super duper! And that's just ONE of my THREE classes. I guess I should be thankful I don't have a final in that one. And I am- I really am thankful. I just have so much to do before finals week, that I can't even think that far. In one of my other classes, I just finished the third of four papers so far for this semester, but that fourth one is a doozy. 15 pages. woo freakin hoo. My third and final (and favorite! it really is- I'm not being sarcastic) class isn't as bad. But I do have a major project still to do for the semester...and a take home final, which we all know what that means. It is likely impossible to make a good grade on. I keep telling myself that it is good for me to be getting this degree and that I need it. And that I'd rather do it now than when Braelyn is older. At least this way- God willing (and I don't use that phrase tongue in cheek, I pray all of the time) that she has no recollection of this ever happening. I want to be at her soccer games and cheer practices. I hate missing out on so much right now, and I really feel like I do miss out on a lot. But in the long run, I know it's better to do it now rather than later. AAAAHHHHH.......It feels good to get that off my chest. People that have been in my shoes keep saying that it won't last forever, but I'll be honest- right now, there is no light at the end of my tunnel. Not even a pin-sized one. I'm walking in the tunnel looking for a mag light, and now a train is entering the tunnel about to plow me over. ugh. I'm done now. Find a fork. Hopefully I will one day be able to post again and say that I survived a train wreck. But for now, LOOK OUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment