Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine oh Valentine

Today is Valentine's Day! Normally I'm not that into Valentine's Day, but for some reason this year, I was somewhat excited about it. Maybe it's because I was really looking forward to spending the day with my little family. I wanted to do some fun activities with Braelyn today so I thought we'd go for a picnic in the park. It was supposed to be slightly chilly, but pleasant. As we were packing lunches for our picnic and such, little Miss Priss decided she couldn't wait until we got to the park to eat. So we had to eat at home. Which, after I thought about it, was probably a good thing. I don't know how well it would have gone trying to eat and feed a 15 month old in a park. So after we ate, we went to the park to play for a while. She had so much fun! She played and ran around the playground for about 30 minutes! (Which is a long time when your legs are only about a foot and a half long!) She went down the slide and down the slide and down the slide some more. She loved it! We all had a lot of fun just playing and hanging out and taking some candids.













I made some delicious homemade manicotti for dinner as well. We then pulled out the Jell-O I made the day before. I wanted to make some jigglers with cookie cutters. Natually, with a 15 month old, things didn't necessarily turn out as I had envisioned.
These are the flowers and strawberries that Ben gave me. What a great husband I have! He also promised to take me on a cruise next year. We've tried so many times to take a cruise and because of my school schedule, we've never been able to. Ben found one that leaves next January that should work for us. Hopefully it works out! I am so blessed. I hope everyone else had as great of a Valentine's Day as we did spending time with those you love!






No comments:

Post a Comment